Silverado High School

Silverado Guidance Staff

Michelle Dunn-McDermaid, Counselor
Phone: (949) 586-8800, press 2, and then 2 again. Ms. Dunn McDermaid is the school counselor for both Mira Monte and Silverado High Schools. She is on campus Monday-Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Her office is located in the main administration building.

Theresa Hadley, Student Services Technician
Phone: (949) 586-8800, press 2, and then press 1. Ms. Brummel is on campus Mondays - Fridays, 7:30a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Her office is located in the main administration building.

Pattie Gunter, Records Clerk
Phone: (949) 586-8800, then ext. 3.
Located in the main administration building.

Ellen Phillips, ROP Career Specialist
Phone: (949) 586-8800, then ext. 4. Ms. Phillips is on campus Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. She is located in the Media Center, across the quad from the Silverado administration office.

Link to Online Career Resources


Parents and students can check grades, attendance and report cards on the Family Portal

Click on this link to get full instructions on how to access the portal (if you need your student's permanent ID number and/or verification code (VPC), please contact Mrs. Hadley, the Silverado HS guidance tech at (949)586-8800, ext. 2).

Nuevos Usuarios del Portal Familiar (Family Portal), haga clic aqui.

Transfers to Comprehensive High Schools

Transfers to the comprehensive high schools from Silverado or Mira Monte occur only at the beginning of the school year or at the beginning of second semester. If you would like to try to transfer, you should speak the Ms. Dunn-McDermaid as early as possible to make a plan that will allow you to fulfill all the requirements to go back. Click here for detailed transfer information.

Community College Information

Saddleback College

Complete list of career technical programs at Saddleback

Irvine Valley College

Complete list of career technical programs at Irvine Valley

Orange Coast College

Complete list of career technical programs at Orange Coast

Financial Aid Information

The FAFSA is the application form used to apply for all federal student financial aid and some forms of state and institutional aid across the nation. This form is an online application.  

The FAFSA form becomes available to the public January 1 for the following academic year. In other words, a student who wants to apply for student financial assistance for the 2014-2015 school year, can submit a FAFSA on January 1 of the year 2014. Parent financial information is required for the FAFSA and other financial aid for student up to the age of 24, unless they qualify as an independent student (see FAFSA site for special circumstances). The earlier that the FAFSA is submitted, the better for the student.

Saddleback College has Financial Aid Workshops EVERY WEDNESDAY, 4:00-6:00pm in the Career Center (Student Services Center 140) - One-on-one help with completing the FAFSA and other financial aid related services including the Dream Act, the Board of Governors waiver, and financial aid paperwork review. Click here for a printable flyer which includes information you will need to complete the FAFSA application.

To organize your information, you can print and complete a FAFSA on the Web Worksheet before you begin entering your information online. FAFSA on the Web Worksheet will guide you through the questions that you must answer.

Additional financial aid resources are available on the SVUSD district guidance website.
Also, check out brought to you by the California Community Colleges, and check specific community college websites under "financial aid."

Silverado students should also fill out a Silverado/Mira Monte Scholarship Application. Silverado applications go to Ms. Dunn-Dermaid and Mira Monte applications go to Mr. DeLeon.

Frequently Asked Questions

  • When is graduation and how do I find out the details for participation?
    Click to visit the Graduation page on our website for all the details.

  • What are the requirements for graduation? How many credits do I need and in what subjects?
    The requirements for graduation from Silverado are the same as for all SVUSD high schools: 220 total credits (165 required credits; 55 elective credits); a minimum grade point average of 1.75; minimum of 8 hours of community service; passing the CAHSEE exam. See the district guidance page for details.

  • How can I find community service work to satisfy the 8 hour requirement for graduation?
    These volunteer hours (non-paid) must be with a non-profit community organization that benefits the community in some way, such as a city-run community fair, a food pantry, environmental clean-up efforts, or through a service organization like the boy scouts or girl scouts. To find community service opportunities, see the community service web page on our site or the bulletin board across from the guidance office.

  • How can I request my high school transcript from Silverado or Mira Monte High School?
    All requests for records are handled by our records clerk, Pattie Gunter. Click here for a transcript request for Silverado or Mira Monte HS. Please allow 48 hours for the request to be processed. Please note: If you are an SVUSD Adult Education graduate, you must contact the Adult Ed office to request your transcript at (949) 837-8830.

  • Will there be summer school classes this summer and how do I sign up?
    Summer school information of 2015 will be posted on the SVUSD website. Some ROP classes will also be offered, so check the ROP page on the Silverado website as well.

    Silverado High School

    Online GradesCalendar & Bell ScheduleSaddlePortSite Map & DirectionsStaff & FacultyGuidanceContact Us
    Home |  Forms | Library |  Para Espanol